OmniFocus is a great “Getting Things Done” tool. With Mailplane’s “Clippings” Plugin you can create tasks based on Gmail conversations or searches. The plugin creates tasks that contains a link to the conversation or search.
- Launch Mailplane 3
- Go to
Mailplane 3 > About Mailplaneand verify if you have 3.1.3 or higher. If not, update via
Mailplane 3 > Check for Updates...
- Restart OmniFocus
- Go to
OmniFocus > Preferences...and go to the Clippings tab. Mailplane 3 should be selected.
Plugin in action
- Select some text in the mail message to copied to the OmniFocus task.
- Press the OmniFocus clipping keyboard shortcut. You can lookup the key inside OmniFocus’ Preferences (Clippings tab).
- Enter any additional text and press Save.
- Select some text before pressing the OmniFocus Clippings keyboard shortcut.
- Make sure the “Any Applications” clipping plugin is below Mailplane3. If it’s above, use your mouse to drag it down.
- Make sure your clippings keyboard shortcut contains the COMMAND key.