OmniFocus is a great “Getting Things Done” tool. With Mailplane’s “Clippings” Plugin you can create tasks based on Gmail conversations or searches. The plugin creates tasks that contains a link to the conversation or search.
- Download the Clippings Plugin (Mailplane 3 | Mailplane 2) and extract it
- Open Finder and goto /Users/__your_name__/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus
- Create a folder named Plug-Ins (if not already available)
- Move the plugin to the Plug-Ins folder
- Restart OmniFocus
- Open preferences and go to the Clippings tab. Mailplane3 should be selected inside the list.
Plugin in action
- Select some text in the mail message to copied to the OmniFocus task.
- Press the OmniFocus clipping keyboard shortcut. You can lookup the key inside OmniFocus’ Preferences (Clippings tab).
- Enter any additional text and press Save.
- Select some text before pressing the OmniFocus Clippings keyboard shortcut.
- Make sure the “Any Applications” clipping plugin is below Mailplane3. If it’s above, use your mouse to drag it down.
- Make sure your clippings keyboard shortcut contains the COMMAND key.