All Mailplane languages are included in the same download. This article describes how it is chosen and how you can change the language.
Mailplane can be used in any of these languages:
English, Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian (Bokmal), Portuguese (Portugal/Europe), Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish.
By default, Mac OS X chooses the language based on your Mac's language list.
Change the language in all applications
- Open the System Preferences > Language & Text preferences
- Click the Languages tab
- Use your mouse to reorder the list
- Restart Mailplane (or do a logout/login to restart all applications)
Only change Mailplane's language
Snow Leopard WarningThis tip doesn't work in Mac OS X "Snow Leopard" - only "Tiger" and "Leopard" offer this setting.
Follow these steps, if you like to use Mailplane in a different language without changing your OSX's language list:
- In Finder, select the Mailplane application
- Control-click Mailplane to open the context menu
- Select Get Info
- Go to the Languagessection
- Disable all languages but the one you like to use
- Restart Mailplane
- Repeat after installing a new Mailplane update.