Insert pictures into your message body to annotate them with text.
Attachments are fine, but they appear after the message text. Learn how to insert images right into the message text.
Before you can use this feature you need to setup the Inserting Image Gmail lab feature. Click Settings in the upper right corner of the main window. Then click the lab tab and search for the Inserting Image lab feature:
- Enable the feature
- Scroll down the page and press the Save Changes button
- Click the "Inserting Image" icon in the rich text toolbar
- Drag and drop one or more pictures to add them to your message, or use the Web address field to link to an existing image.
- Choose the picture you like to insert
- Press OK to close the dialog and insert the picture at the current cursor position.
Here's how you can change the size of a picture:
- Click the picture
- Click the one of the size links to change the size
- If you like to remove the picture, click "Remove"