Learn how to create your first HTML signature in Mailplane 2. (Mailplane 3 currently does not offer built in signatures. Please use the Gmail Signatures.)
The Gmail signature lab features such as "Random signature," or "Signature Tweaks" are not compatible with the HTML signatures. To disable the signature lab features, follow these steps:
- Go to Gmail > Settings > Labs and search for "Signature".
- Disable the signature lab feature
- Press the Save Changes button.
Mailplane's HTML signatures only work in Rich Text mode, if you prefer plain text messages this feature won't work.
To enable HTML signatures, select the Mailplane > Preferences menu item to open Preferences. Then click the Accounts icon:
- Click the desired account in the account list. Normally, it's the foreground account, which is shown in bold letters.
- Select the Signatures tab
- Enable the Enable Signatures setting.
- Enter your signature into the "Rich Text Signature" field.