Learn how to setup and sign-in your 'normal' Gmail or Google Apps account.
When Mailplane starts for the first time, it'll ask you to setup and sign-in your Gmail or Google Apps account. The process is very simple:
Enter your full Gmail email address. Examples:
Enter your Gmail password
- Optional - Setup the options:
Store password in keychainallows Mailplane to automatically sign-in when needed
Automatically loginallows Mailplane to monitor your unread messages when you have several accounts
Use a secure connectionmakes Mailplane use the 'https' protocol.
- Press the "Login" button to access your Gmail inbox
- Press the
Sign up Gmail accountin case you need to create a brand new Gmail account.
Tip: Visit Preferences > Accounts whenever you want to change any of these settings.
Where can I find my Gmail email address?
- Be sure to use your Gmail email address and not an email address you setup in your Gmail account settings. If in doubt, find your Gmail address in your web browser:
- Open Safari or Firefox and load your Gmail account.
- Check the right upper part of Gmail for your Gmail email address
Does Mailplane support 'two-factor' authentication?
- If your Google Apps account is setup for 'two-factor' authentication, read this how-to article for more information.
What about Hotmail, MobileMe, POP3, or an IMAP account.
- Mailplane only supports Gmail and Google Apps accounts. If you like to use your Hotmail, MobileMe, or any other email account: Setup your account in Gmail (see Settings > Accounts & Import)..
Does Mailplane work with custom authentication (SAML)?
- Yes, it does. Check this how-to article for the solution.